The Youth Service Bureau of Illinois Valley, Inc. (YSB) is a community based, not-for-profit, child welfare agency established in 1976.
As a community-based agency, YSB responds to the needs of children and youth through a variety of programs with the purpose of enhancing the quality of life for all children, youth and families.
YSB’s Mission is to help young people and families succeed by serving them in their home, school, and community.
Youth Service Bureau of Illinois Valley is:
- Youth Service Bureau of Illinois Valley, a licensed charitable organization designated as a 501 (c)3 not for profit by the Internal Revenue Service. YSB needs and accepts donations of all kinds. Click here to donate.
- A child welfare agency licensed by the State of Illinois to provide care for youth who are abused, neglected, and dependent. YSB licenses and supports its own network of foster homes.
- A provider of treatment services including individual, family, and group therapy. YSB is a licensed provider of Medicaid services and is eligible for reimbursement from many private insurance plans. For a complete list see Solutions Counseling.
- An organization that responds to changing community needs. For a complete list of current services and programs click here.
- Nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation.
- A United Way agency receiving funds from six United Ways: Illinois Valley, Eastern LaSalle County, Streator, Bureau County, Rock River and Northwest Illinois.
- Governed by a board of directors made up of talented local volunteers.