- The Youth Service Bureau of Illinois Valley (YSB) has been providing treatment for victim’s of trauma and their families since 1985.
- Therapy is provided by masters level therapists trained in child and family centered intervention
- YSB provides individual, group, and family counseling on a weekly basis.
Some common behavioral signs of stress in children who have experienced trauma are:
- Regressive behaviors (behavior a child has outgrown and reverts back to)
- Running Away
- Sleep disturbances (nightmares, restless sleep, excessive sleep or inability to sleep, fear of dark)
- School problems (noticeable fluctuation in school performance)
- Advanced sexual knowledge or sexualized play
- Substance abuse (alcohol or drugs)
- Unusual exaggerated fears of certain people, places or things
- Poor body image and self esteem (victim sees self in a negative way)
- Lack of trust
- Poor peer relationships
In order to best serve you, you should be aware of the following:
- You have the right to expect that staff will utilize all of his/her professional expertise in working with you.
- You have the right to participate in the development of a treatment plan. You have the right to request a review of the plan at any time.
- You have the right to confidentiality. The Youth Service Bureau of Illinois Valley and staff agree not to disclose any of your records without your written consent. Law requires the exception of this right when you are deemed to be dangerous to yourself or others.
- You have the right to review your records. You should understand that for treatment purposes the therapist may consult with other YSB staff members and consultants.
- You have the right to cancel a scheduled appointment for good cause. We do request a 24 hour notice.
- You have the right to be free from abuse and neglect.
“It was hard for me to talk about the abuse, but my therapist helped me share my feelings. My parents have their time to talk to my therapist, too. I learned that the abuse was not my fault.”
Ashley – 11 years old
“Having therapy in this program has helped me emerge from a victim to become a survivor.”
Jessica – 17 years old
“It was scary coming here for the first time, but now I love to come. We play fun games and do crafts while we talk about what happened to me. I am not scared any more.”
Anna – 8 years old
Other Programs Available Through YSB:
- Outreach Counseling
- Juvenile Justice Program
- Transitional Living
- Foster Care
- Juvenile Sex Offender Program
We are a nationally accredited licensed Child Welfare Agency.
A United Way Agency